Saturday, September 6, 2014

How to Read A Bank Deposit Slip

If it's regarding a deposit made by a less than trustworthy spouse.

My husband received a large chunk of money. After doing the right thing, for the first time in 10 years, he paid off credit cards and still had close to $15,000 left over.
Since he had moved out of the house I hoped he would pay the lease on an apartment or at less rent a storage unit and get his crap out of the house.

He's going to put some of it in a CD at his new credit union. Great idea.

He even brings me the deposit slip to show me. $6,000

A week or so later I get the mail and there's a letter from his new bank with online information. I log in (he did tell me the statements would come to the house, but why wait) and there it is. He made the $6,000 deposit, accepted the deposit slip (to show to me) and then withdrew $4,000.

A few days later a confirmation of the $6,000 deposit to the CD comes and a week later when the bank statement comes, the CD info isn't included. For all I know, he went again and closed it out.

So he figured he would show me the deposit and that it would take another month for the statement to come with the updated amount.

So it makes me wonder how many other similar scams has he pulled on me?

Until next time

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment