Monday, January 23, 2012

Craigslist Personals Have an Ad Vantage

I know I've mentioned craigslist personals briefly but for various reasons I decided to give them a try.
Here's what I have found out:

I didn't need to set up a craigslist account to post a personal ad....I just hit post, filled it out and followed directions.

I thought I may get a few responses....ha!! in less than 24 hours I had close to 80 responses. They come straight from the persons email  or iphone or android...it tells you in the message how the message was sent.

Men have sent pictures, both nude and not. A lot of the replies are actually nicer than the messages received on dating/sex sites and some people have even sent their phone numbers. One man invited me to meet him for dinner tonight.

This is both good and bad if you are looking for a real hook up.....you could be meeting a creep but the ease of communicating is amazing.

I went to my own ad (since I don't really want to communicate with anyone) and hit the reply button....you are asked to identify the squiggly words and then are given an email (a craigslist  anonymous email) address to reply to. Easy.

For myself I have deleted the ones that are obviously not my husband...thanks for the pictures, and flagging a few possibilities. My husband has been spending a lot of time on craigslist lately.....hmm.

Until later,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment