Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Found My Husbands Profile Online Is It Cheating

The questions is this:
I found my husbands profile on craigslist, friendfinder, hornymatches, etc....  is it cheating?

Some may consider it actual cheating and I can see why they would....it is mentally cheating.
For myself I see it as the intent to cheat. Even if they are saying they are only curious, they are fooling themselves.....window shop enough and you will eventually want to buy.
As I said at the beginning of this blog, I don't know if my husband cheated on me already but the online profiles tell me that if he hasn't already and he keeps doing the same, yes he will eventually cheat.
And even if he doesn't, he isn't mentally committed to me...he finds me lacking, or boring or distasteful in some respect and I find that insulting. Basically, it tells me everything I need to know.
I write this blog in order to vent, maintain my sanity and maybe help someone else.

I can check the stats on this blog which tells me how many views, which posts were viewed and the referring sites. What makes me sad is all the queries I see that basically ask the above question. "I found my husbands profile on  (fill in the blank) is it cheating?
My last thought on this is that it probably isn't the first time he's done this whether it was with you or someone else.

Until next time,

Jane

2 comments:

  1. I am in the exact same boat. I am so anger and hurt. What did you do? I have been with my husband since we are 17 and we have been married for 33 years. I am so lost and uncertain where to go from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this is the first time you found something like this I would approach him about it. Let him know it is unacceptable and lay down a line...define your boundary on the subject.
      Don't do like I did. My husband denied everything and I stayed. Of course I don't have too many options. But if you do you need to take care of yourself.
      You decide what you will or will not live with and let him know. If he continues the choice is his to accept the consequences.
      But, if he has a dating profile and you are not sure if he has acted on it (though intent is everything as far as I am concerned) and you want or need more proof....confronting him will make him even sneakier.

      Check out the Chump Lady
      http://chumplady.com/2013/04/rethinking-infidelity/

      Delete