Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Who's the Chump Now?

I happened across an interesting blog written by a woman who was cheated on, got out of the marriage and survived.

One of the things she mentions is that the cheater marries because he needs something from "us"....I'll let you read the post

WHY DO CHEATERS GET MARRIED?

But what struck me in particular was the mention of the financial trap.

When I met my husband I didn't have a lot going for me as far as earning potential, but I had my own home, no other debt and a great credit rating.
Today, I have rotten credit, my home isn't paid off (as he promised to do but when he had the money for that instead he helped his family and bought sports cars) and I have enormous credit card debt.

I know I'm trapped and I used to think he just put his family before me, but today it gelled in my mind.....he only puts himself first and helping out his family was as much about keeping me in debt as anything else.

But since last year I've had a timeline, a plan for what steps I need to take in order to be independent.
Even if I don't leave right away I need to know I can.


Until next time,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment